Electrical, mechanical and structural engineering services for design of a new generator serving the entire existing children’s correctional building.
- Provided construction documents including drawings and specifications for a new emergency generator installation at the existing children’s correction building.
- Performed field investigation and obtained equipment electrical data for air conditioning units, chiller, air handling units, pumps, lighting, power and other miscellaneous electrical loads from existing drawings and field data.
- Utilized manufacturer specific software for sizing the generator set.
- Included additional spare capacity for the generator for future expansion.
- Provided a time delay on the existing chiller in order to lower the start up rush-in current load on the new generator.
- Specified a generator set with sub-base fuel tank supplying approximately 72 hours of fuel at 100% generator operation.
- Structural engineering services were provided to design the generator concrete foundation base in coordination with the generator foot print. Provided structural drawings and specifications for the concrete foundation base.
- Provided mechanical engineering services for re-routing existing underground fuel oil supply and return piping serving the existing boilers.
- Provided construction administration services: Reviewed shop drawing submittals and performed field visits during the construction.