Structural, mechanical and electrical engineering design and construction phase services for the addition of 14,000 square feet to the existing school. The addition consisted of office spaces, indoor swimming pool, locker and bathrooms, boiler and pump rooms.
- Structural engineering services for swimming pool structure, building foundation and the super structure enclosure including walls and roof and the office, locker room and bathroom additions.
- The HVAC unit serving the swimming pool area consisted of a pool dehumidification unit with interconnecting outdoor condenser suitable for swimming pool applications. The dehumidification unit and condenser were located on concrete pads on grade. The supply ductwork was routed overhead with supply registers directing airflow toward both the pool area and the perimeter exterior walls and windows. The return air was routed to the dehumidification unit through wall mounted return registers which were located close to the floor.
- A duct mounted hot water heating coil located in the main supply ductwork of the pool dehumidification unit provided the required heating for the pool area. The source of heat was an oil fired boiler. The heating water piping was designed in coordination with the pool filtration/heating piping. The heat of rejection from the pool area was reclaimed as needed to heat up the pool water.
- The HVAC system for the office area consisted on a split horizontal air handling unit with outdoor grade mounted condensing unit. The indoor air handling unit was equipped with hot water heating coil. The supply and return ductwork were extended to various areas throughout the office space. Roof mounted exhaust fans were provided for ventilation of the bathroom and locker rooms.
- The electrical design consisted of calculations for sizing the power requirements for the new addition to the school and related power distribution system.
- Designed the lighting, power, communication, data and fire alarm system for the addition to the school.
- The plumbing work for the pool deck area and the toilet rooms were provided. Trench drains were provided around the perimeter of the pool area.